We are seeking a highly experienced Vice President of Marketing and Communications to lead our marketing efforts and support the company's growth. This role requires a strategic thinker with a proven track record of success in the commercial real estate industry, experience managing agency relationships, and the ability to drive marketing efforts to support property leasing and sales.
- Develop and execute marketing and communication strategies to support leasing and sales efforts across all company properties
- Manage relationships with strategic agencies, including branding, advertising, and public relations firms, to ensure marketing efforts are effective and aligned with the company’s overall objectives
- Develop and manage marketing budgets for each property, ensuring that spend is optimized to drive results
- Work closely with the leasing and sales teams to identify and target key tenant and buyer prospects
- Create compelling content for all marketing channels, including website, social media, email campaigns, and other digital and print collateral
- Develop and maintain relationships with key industry publications and media outlets to ensure the company’s properties are regularly featured in relevant press and media
- Manage the company’s online reputation and ensure that all online content is accurate and up-to-date
- Collaborate with other departments, including development, property management, and finance, to ensure that marketing efforts are aligned with the company’s overall objectives and priorities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field required
- 10+ years of marketing communications experience required
- Commercial Real Estate experience preferred
- Experience managing agency relationships, including branding, advertising, and public relations firms
- Building and leading teams
- Proven track record of success in developing and executing marketing strategies that drive leasing and sales results
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Acute attention to detail
- Organization and time management, ability to consistently meet deadlines despite conflicting and changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, as appropriate for the needs of varying audiences
- Ability to collaborate effectively and reach common goals with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Critical thinking and complex problem solving
- Self-directed, takes initiative to establish and/or modify processes when needed
- Computer literate including the use of Outlook 365, the Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and other marketing software and tools
- Manage key internal relationships
- Manage key external relationships
Blue Onyx is a mission driven, full-service commercial real estate development, services, and technology company. Founded in 2009, we believe in creating truly connected and vibrant communities that empower and elevate the lives of residents pioneering projects and investing in innovative technologies to drive change in the CRE marketplace.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan, and generous paid time off.
Blue Onyx is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity with respect to all employees, interns, and applicants for employment. Consistent with this commitment, our policy is to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination. Accordingly, the Company prohibits discrimination against qualified employees, interns and applicants in all aspects of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, interviewing, hiring (or failure or refusal to hire), evaluation, compensation, promotion, job assignment, transfer, demotion, training, leaves of absence, layoff, benefits, use of facilities, working conditions, termination and employer-sponsored activities and programs, including wellness, social and recreational programs. Employment decisions will be made without regard to an applicant’s, employee’s, or intern’s actual or perceived: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.